OK, finally something constructive...

Tzafrir Cohen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> In the linux console you should use the keymap "il-8859_8" (not sure about
> the name, this is the name from Mandrake 8.1, I an still see there a
> bogus "hebrew" keymap.)

You are out of luck though if there are no Hebrew markings on the
keys! I hope no one will suggest that chiseling them by hand is an
acceptable solution (on a company laptop?)

> Except in composing, with some configuration work you can probably
> configure your environment to read Hebrew in a text-mode mail client.
> Composing may be a bit more tricky, waiting for follow-ups here.

And I believe this is one of the experts speaking...

--
Oleg Goldshmidt | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
If it aint't broken it hasn't got enough features yet.