From: "Hetz Ben Hamo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tzafrir Cohen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Meir Kriheli"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Linux-IL" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 11:04 PM
Subject: Re: gentoo (was: lite distributions)

> Gentoo has been selected by you as the distro for the current Linbrew
> project, which is obviously also newbie-oriented.

I'm not following this therad very much, but picking gentoo for linbrew??

like.. duh.. hello... the users who wants hebrew Linux (not talking about
hebrew support!) are definately going to be hit their walls with gentoo!
gentoo is for someone who knows Linux, not for someone who knows Windows
only, double click on setup.exe, and reboot if he gets error...

Remember - it's the first expirience who counts! if a user needs to fiddle a
lot with technical terms, then prepare for some real dissapointments.

Of course - it's only my personal opinion and I wish you good luck, but from
my past experience with newbies (both in Windows and Linux) - then prepare
for huge dissapointments from your audience..

If you want a "friendly" installation then you might want to look at "debian
junior" distribution (if I understood Tal correctly, you don't like RPMS,
Meir, am I right?)

But again - I wish you and the linbrew a good luck.

Thanks,
Hetz