Hi Moshe,
The source code was probably not written in a way that can be ported -
e.g. the display aspect is probably not isolated by a portability layer
but probably uses direct calles to MFC, OWL or some other proprietary
widget library that does not lend itself to portability. This would make
the source code worthless.
Regards,

 - yba

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Moshe Kaminsky wrote:

> Hi,
> When I was a kid, I used a word processor called Qtext on my dos
> machine. It was a freeware written by an Israeli guy, and had a better
> (by far) bidi support than any alternative I knew.
>
> Yesterday, I discovered that I work with the guy who wrote it in the
> same room. He told me that Qtext still exists, it is no longer a
> freeware (it belongs to his kibutz) and that it still has the best bidi
> support (they have only a window$ version). He also told me that the
> developement of Qtext has stopped, since people seem to prefer M$ word
> (apparently for the same obscure reasons they prefer other M$
> software :). Anyway, he told me that they might be willing to sell the
> source. Since they ceased developing it, I guess the price won't be very
> high, and if it is possible to port it to linux, this might be the best
> bidi word processor we have (it also supports Arabic and nikud).
>
> My question is, is there someone who might want to fund it?
>
> Moshe
>
> --
> Moshe Kaminsky
> (Home) 08-9471073

 EE 77 7F 30 4A 64 2E C5  83 5F E7 49 A6 82 29 BA    ~. .~   Tk Open Systems
   - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - tel: +972.2.679.5364, http://www.tkos.co.il -