Moshe Kaminsky wrote:

>Hi,
>
>At least up till some stage, this was a dos thing, so probably at least
>*that* can be ported. Even the latest version is a 16-bit application
>(though it does run on the newer windows versions) - I don't know
>exactly what this means, but I guess this might mean that the windows
>specific components are quite mild. The guy who wrote this has never
>worked on linux (or unix), but I'll ask him what he thinks.
>
>I'm sure that there will be some work in porting it, but I think this
>can be done, and I think it's a lesser problem than getting the sources.

As far as I can remember, QText for dos was written in Pascal, and the
Windows version was written with Delphi. This should make it rather easy
to port by using Kylix, since I don't think they used too many non-Kylix
wrapped API calls in there, and even if they did use a few, it shouldn't
be a problem to rewrite a few APIs.