Thank you both. I downloaded and installed it, and the problem persists. I
will have my wife check the physical media (her friend has a standalone
dvdplayer, but may not work if the region is set, the dvd is European and I
am in the US; could that be the source of trouble? I doubt it, Linux
dvdplayers should not care about region).

Arie

On Thursday 31 October 2002 10:25, Oleg Kobets wrote:
> http://mirrors.sctpc.com/dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/
>
> Try this one.
>
> ---
> Oleg Kobets
> Network Administrator
> Breakthrough LTD.
> 054-747132
> 03-6349922 Ext 26
>
> "Black hole is God divided by zero"

It is absurd to seek to give an account of the matter to a man
who cannot himself give an account of anything; for insofar as
he is already like this, such a man is no better than a vegetable.
           -- Book IV of Aristotle's Metaphysics