>there you go. the fact that IE runs slow on some hardware, does not mean
>that every other browser has to run as slow. if we looked up to misrosoft
>for comparing stuff, linux would have crashed every few days and we'd be
>filling fine. is that the kind of standard you're looking for?

Of course not. However I've been hearing arguments against Linux products
such as OpenOffice.org and KOffice being much less robust or having poor
performance in comparison with the MS Office products. Comparing browsers
is inevitable. Some people also claimed that one of the best advantages with
IE is the fact that it takes next to no time for it to load up (since most of it's
components are present in memory already, in part).

I'm not sure why Mozilla is so bloated or runs poorly on slower systems. I don't
even know the effect of the desktop environment on the performace. We know
there are differences in performance between desktops and window managers.
I'd guess in order to measure the performance of Mozilla optimally, we should
run it under the simplest, fastest desktop + WM.
Can you honestly say that the computer's sluggishness is caused *only* because
of Mozilla ?? not even by a combination of Mozilla and the desktop environment ?

That's not great evidence you know...

Eli

"There's so many different worlds
 So many different suns