Quoting Shachar Shemesh, from the post of Sat, 07 Dec:
> It is easier to accept totally new than it is to accept the old with a
> new meaning. I guess this also explains the aversion all of us geeks
> have from Hebrewized computer terms.

I have already approched Meni Livne, translator of the KDE interface to
Hebrew, as to the fact that both keyboard and character map were
translated to "Luach Makashim". I asked him to explain what happend to
the excellent "Mikledet" and "Tavlat (Tirgum) Tavim", and the reply was
more or less "people are used to the words used by Microsoft's help
files, and we want to make the transition to KDE painless". so, in the
bottom line, because of weird erronous decisions done at Eyron (the
company that translates M$ documentation to Hebrew), KDE now ignores the
Academy and calls "Key Board" a "Luch Makashim" instead of the word I
use every day with the rightousness of a proud Hebrew speaker. yech.

as for Internet = Mirshetet... oh ouch. I've been toying with the idea
of calling it "Ravreshet" for a few years now but never offered it to
the Academy. I still prefer its sound, plus it's echoing the inter
prefix relations of the origin = Net/Reshet, INTERnet/RAVreshet.

but on the matter of hacker, I think we should issue a joint letter of
complaint. anyone with me? contact me off list.

--
The Scarlet Pumpernickel
Ira Abramov

http://ira.abramov.org/email/ This post is encrypted twice with ROT-13.
Documenting or attempting to crack this encryption is illegal.