On 2003-01-14  Eli Marmor wrote:

> Just to clarify:
>
> The meaning of the answer "None" included "other".

OK :)
See below for my survey answers

<<1>> my home machine:

> My desktop environment management is:

0: None/Other (fvwm2)

> Reasons (please check all that apply):

G2: I've got used to this desktop.
G3: I have a lot of existing configurations/customizations for this
    desktop, and/or existing investments.
H:  Another reason (PLEASE DETAIL): It lets me do most of what I want, and all
my personal configuration settings are in one single file that I can easily
understand, easily modify (even without GUI), easily take with me to another
machine, etc. I makes me feel I am in control of the machine... (as opposed to
kde/* of .gnome/* trees which I am (not yet) able to grasp). Also, it lets me
do things that I don't know how to do in KDE/Gnome (even though I'm sure it's
possible). for example, I created a button to start an xterm without borders
(HandleWidth=0), so that it is, in effect a true fullscreen xterm. something I
cannot achieve with Konsole right now..

<<2>> my machine at work

> My desktop environment management is:

2: I prefer KDE.

> Reasons (please check all that apply):

H:  Another reason (PLEASE DETAIL)
I'm not sure why.. maybe because I want to spend less time configuring it than
my home machine, and the default KDE settings are more convenient when I don't
want to waste time with ti. Never used gnome for a long time, usually I get
stuck in the beginning, maybe it's not intuitive enough for me. I do use gnome
apps, of course.

<<3>> machines I installed for my family

> My desktop environment management is:

2: I prefer KDE.

> Reasons (please check all that apply):

C1: Similarity to Windows GUI.