On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Nadav Har'El wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 27, 2003, Nadav Har'El wrote about "Re: Niqud in Mozilla (was Re: need
> tool for high quality typeset...)":
> > Oops, sorry, I accidentally tested this on a Redhat 7.2 (!), on which I
> > had kdebase-2.2.2. I will check it on Redhat 8.0 later tonight.
> > If Konqueror can show Niqqud, it's great news :)
>
> I just looked at it on Konqueror from Redhat 8.0 (kdebase-3.0.3-14), and
> indeed the Hebrew looks all right, but the niqqud is completely absent... :(
>
> http://www.mechon-mamre.org/c/ct/c0101.htm

What fonts are you using?

I have kde3.1 (uses fonts from Xft2), mozilla 1.2.1 (and galeon that uses
the same gecko) and mozilla-snapshot that seems to be of a later version
with Xft support but slightly buggy.

With KDE I had to change the Hebrew font to something other than David or
Aharoni to allow me to view the nikkud. FrankRuhel and Nahlieli shows them
fine. That is: except the Dagesh that is rendered as a separate char, and
not as a zero-width nikud.

Both the mozillas don't seem to support zero-width nikud chars, at least
with all the fonts I have installed: the culmus fonts and {misc|etl}-fixed
on mozilla 1.2.1 and all of those fonts in addition to ClearlyU with the
mozilla-snapshot. The snapshot had some horrible problems using NAhlieli
to display the page: there were some wierd spaces all over.

(debian unstable)

--
Tzafrir Cohen
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]