Eli Segal wrote:

I don't know how well Abiword works out of the box in sid
but now you have to compile it with bidi, and take a long root to install
the fonts for it

i'm using debian sarge

Then your quest can almost end now. Since Sid packages are probably compiled with Hebrew support already, it means that it's only a question of time until these packages make their way into stable. The big question at hand is, therefor, whether they will make it into sarge, or wait until the next one along.

I think you should contact the maintainers, tell them that a package they maintain has support for a certain feature in Sid but not in Sarge, and ask whether it will be possible to have the Sarge version have that feature as well.

 I agree that having Hebrew support come out of the box is desirable
and deserves all the work we can put into it.

--

Shaul Karl, [EMAIL PROTECTED] e t

This is to Shaul - adding a space after the dash dash (i.e. - "-- " instead of "--") at the begining of your signature will cause mail clients to recognise it as a signature.

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant