shlomo solomon wrote:

It's a new monitor and cable - and yes, of course you're right about DDC.

Can you define custom and manually enter horizontal and vertical rates?
They should be documented in your monitor's manual. If not, you can send them email and ask for info. I should warn you, however, that I searched their site and couldn't find your model mentioned anywhere. They don't even carry a "DX" series.

BTW - if anyone on the list has this monitor (Proview DX997 19 inch), I'd appreciate seeing the modeline from XF86Config. That's got to be better than randomly playing with xvidtune and hoping to improve the display. As I already wrote, Yedidyah's suggestion helped, but the display is still not perfect. Maybe MDK 9.1 will have updated definitions ;-).

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant