Muli Ben-Yehuda wrote:

That's a good indication. Which process?

6783 :-)

Ideas, anyone? I don't even know how to find out which process it was (i have a general idea, due to the fact that I tried to kill services, and some of them hung).

cat /proc/$PID/cmdline?

hangs. Tried that. The fact that 'ls' works, and 'ls -la' hangs suggests to me this has to do with the filesystem. Alas, (or joy), the machine works after the reboot, so I cannot test this theory.

No sysreq. No NFS (I know NFS is rife with uninterruptable sleeps). I don't know about SIS, I'll check. About serial consol - anyone has a RJ-45 to D9 serial cable?

df -h doesn't show any problem

any chance a kernel update will prevent this from recurring? (currently 2.4.18-8 from woody)

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant