On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Shaul Karl wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 06, 2003 at 08:58:02PM +0300, Nadav Har'El wrote:
> > I was told that Tel-Aviv University is giving an interesting workshop
> > this summer: a workshop on writing free software. See:
> >
> > http://www.cs.tau.ac.il/~eddiea/workshop-summer-2003.html
> >
> > According to that page, the students will be taught a bit about Linux and
> > free software (including a lecture by our esteemed friend, Muli),
>

>   I am not a TAU student but I would like to attend to the lectures.
> Assuming it is acceptable, can the times and locations get published?
The lectures will be on Sundays 13-16 in Schreiber building room 008.
There were supose to be about 15 students. Meanwhile there are 21 and 3
free listeners.

Whoever wants to arrive is welcome (it is free and open ;-)) - especially
people who are involved and will be able to give some inspiration. (If it would be
crowded - we
will solve the problem).

This is the right time to http://www.cs.tau.ac.il/lin-club (The next
lecture will be published soon).

> > I'm sure the teacher of the workshop will give them ideas, but I thought it
> > would be nice if people on this list could also raise ideas for project,
> > and I'll pass them on to the students (I know one of them).
> >

>   I am not sure if the following is suitable for the workshop. It is
> also none Israeli related. Anyway, here it goes.
>
> 1) nut:
>   The problem: http://www.exploits.org/nut can use ssl. Yet Debian has
> some licensing problems with the ssl package. I am not sure what the
> exact problem is. It could be looked on debian-devel. I believe it has
> something to do with the fact that using it prevents in some way linking
> with some other libs, although I might be wrong. In any case, the bottom
> line is that the Debian nut package is configured --without-ssl.
>
>   The proposed solution, which is what can be done in the workshop:
> Have it use GnuTLS. I believe GnuTLS has wrappers for ssl, which might
> make it somewhat easier. On the other hand the end user should have a
> configuration option whether he want ssl or GnuTLS.
>

> 2) thttpd, http://www.acme.com/software/thttpd/:
>   Once again, I am not familiar with the details. I am also not sure
> where I seen it, probably at
> http://halplant.com:88/server/thttpd_FAQ.html, which I can not reach at
> this time. Anyway, IIRC, the problem is that making it to work with
> secure connections is tricky.
>   The students might work this out.

Sorry for sending so many replies - it is fair to reply to each of the
issues.

Eddie