On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Gil Freund wrote:

> > Before one hails and advocates OSS one has to educated for better IT
> > thinking:
> > Find out what the business requirement are.
> > Strip out MS-talk (mail and scheduling instead of exchange...).
> > List the true functional requirement.
> > Research both closed and open solution.
> > Show case studies.
> > Display the solutions.

[... snipped ...]

> Hi Gil,
>
> The points above, combined with the occational BSA ads and articles like
> http://whatsup.co.il/article.php?sid=1972 (9 german cities consider
> moving to Linux instead of paying MS for upgrading their systems next
> year) drive me to a "campeign idea": "Microsoft/BSA scares you? Move to
> Linux". Maybe combined with a "BSA" with a large "X" across it on
> leaflets at Hi-Tech shows.

Speaking of BSA and M$abuses, how about emphasizing the fact that MS are
withdrawing WinNT support and forcing you to upgrade your legacy WinNT
systems to WinXP if you want patches against threats like MSBlaster or
SoBig.F?

(Unfortunately, RedHat are shooting the figurative feet, by withdrawing
support for old versions of the RH distribution; but at least 3rd party
support is possible, in principle.)
                                             --- Omer
I may be affiliated in any way.