Ariel Biener wrote:

  If you have problems within Machba, there are some of us here who might
have assisted have you turned to us for help in the first place. However,
marking the whole Weizmann CC as a bunch of idiots wont get you or anyone
else very far, no matter what the cause is.

A few clarifications.

First, I never characterized the WICC as a whole. The only enumerations used were "high-level officials" and "security experts". That's definitely not the whole CC. On the contrary, there are many people who're fully qualified; and I'm in friendly relations with some of them. However, regarding those who were (implicitly) named - I stick to my opinion about them.

Second, I reserve for myself the right to treat people exactly in the way they treat me. And if you didn't get it - _they_ have been treating me as an idiot (or as a brainless kid, in the best case) for years.

There could have been better solutions.

Which for example, I wonder? You'd call them privately and tell "Well, Evgeny is a good guy, let him play with his plasma-gate toy" or something like this? I don't want this kind of favour either! Either there is a security problem with plasma-gate or there isn't. If it does exist, I want to hear about it. If I can, I'll fix it. If I can't, I'll say "Sorry guys, I'm not qualified to sort the thingy out" and will shut the plasma-gate down myself. Instead, I've been continously told "this is a security policy, just shut up".

I am very doubtful that after
this there are any left, at least within the WICC jurisdiction.

If I thought there would be a _tiniest_ chance to resolve the problem within the WICC jurisdiction, I wouldn't have written the open letter. I wrote to the relevant people in private a month ago. Neither of them even bothered replying. There have been quite a few phone calls in both directions as well - with no constructive ideas at all. It's only when I realized the chance is mathematically zero and very few days left ahead, I decided that it's time for someone to take over the archive maintenance.

Regards,

Evgeny