I took the router from Bezeq in the afternoon and it is now working
just fine!  All I really had to do to get it working under RedHat 9
was:

    rpm -ivh rp-pppoe
    adsl-setup
    adsl-start /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp1

Thanks again for all the help!

Now doing "cvs get gimp" is just a question of a few minutes. 8-)

Regards,
Dov