Gil Freund wrote:

Kfir Lavi wrote:

Dotan Mazor wrote:

[SNIP]

Built in.

How the emails are kept in the system?
Do you share the email database with windows and linux in the same computer?

How about IMAP?
I use Cyrus (major overkill) and read it from Mozilla on Windows and Linux, Mutt on Linux and SquirrelMail on other machines that don't have a mail client configured.
The only problem in this setup is that address books are not shared. I plan to use LDAP for this.

I pass the mail to the IMAP server via Fetchmail -> Postfix -> Amavis (SA and ClamAV) -> Postfix -> LMTP -> Cyrus

Gil

But you use a network of computers, no?
I understand that you have a server that got the email database, and you connect from a remote machine.
If i'm wrong, does Cyrus IMAP work in linux and windows?