On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 09:38:26PM +0200, Gil Freund wrote:
> Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >http://iglu.org.il/cgi-bin/fom?file=86 has been updated regarding
> >keyboard configuration. I also put there more information about the
> >avilable extended variants of the Israeli layout in XFree 4.3 .
> >
> >They were originally added as initial prototypes, in hope to get user
> >input. Unfortunetly there has beenenough of that.
> >

> Great work!
>
> Questions:
>
> (1) XkbOptions
> In the 4.2 section you state that to set the keyboard toggle you have to
> execute:
>  setxkbmap -option grp:switch,grp:shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll il
>
> Whereas in the 4.3 section you state that you set the toggle in the
> XF86Config using:
>  Option "XkbOptions" "grp:switch,grp:shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll"
>
> Aren't those the same (i.e. archive the same goal) and work the same
> both in 4.2 and 4.3?

The options are the same. The only syntax change from XFree 4.2 to XFree
4.3 is that you should now use "us,il" instead of "il", because "il" no
longer includes the American layout implicitly.

> (4) Section 2, the paragraph starting with "All the above-mentioned menu
> options ", elaboration would be nice. I still have difficulty
> understanding the difference between groups and layouts.

Started writing it:

http://iglu.org.il/cgi-bin/fom?file=220

--
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]       +---------------------------+