ביום ראשון 30 נובמבר 2003, 12:23, נכתב על ידי Tzafrir Cohen:
> On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 12:27:40PM +0200, Oded Arbel wrote:
> > ביום ראשון 30 נובמבר 2003, 11:45, נכתב על ידי Tzafrir Cohen:
> > > A second approach claims that the software should detect the user's
> > > input and if the user in in right-to-left mode translate the parens
> > > reversed. Currently this is only implemented by QT (>= 3.1).
> >
> > Horribly. In Qt 3.1 if you type a hebrew paragraph and then an open paren
> > and then try to type a latin char, the paren chracter changes direction.
> > this is very confusing and anoying. Qt 3.2 fortunatly does a much better
> > job.
>
> Does QT 3.2 actively do anything if you have XFree 4.3?

What do you mean ? I do have 4.3.
I'm not sure about the correctness, but in both GTK+2 and Qt3.2, <SHIFT-0>
generates a 'close parens' when XKB has a latin group active and
'open-parens' when XKB has a hebrew groups active. this sounds like what you
described X does.
The only problem is that if you are typing in an LTR paragraph and switch to
hebrew group or write in an RTL paragraph and switch to a hebrew group, then
type a 'close paren' the result looks awkward.

--
Oded

::..
A bug in the code is worth two in the documentation.