On Saturday 29 November 2003 20:31, Oded Arbel wrote:
> On Saturday 29 November 2003 20:17, Shlomo Solomon wrote:
> > was gone. I can only guess that kudzu periodically checks and updates
> > fstab (maybe a cron job - I didn't check).
>
> Please note that when you plug the dongle while running, what is
> responsible for mounting the driver (and putting an icon on your desktop)
> isn't kudzu (which only runs at startup) but hotplug. hotplug obviously
> detected the removal of the disk when you unplugged the device and removed
> the entry from fstab.

I don't think that's right - the device is not plugged in right now (I
unplugged it about half an hour ago) and the fstab entry still exists.

> Did you try to call mount manualy with all the parameters instead of
> relying on the proper fstab entry ?

No, but as I wrote, adding the entry manually to fstab did allow mounting and
according to the mount command, the device was mounted rw (but I still
couldn't save data).

--
Shlomo Solomon
http://come.to/shlomo.solomon