Well infact,
until I tried Fedora I didn't understand what was going on.

I think the issue is more complex that that.

The server IT market looks like constantly shifting sand. I hope that
Novell and IBM can improve SuSE I tried it a number of times, and found
it to confining for me. The gui or else caught me to many times..

There are a lot of small players out there with a lot of good ideas
Yoper, Xandros, etc.

Diversity has been the curse of Linux, to many distros and lots of
confusion, but at the same time variety is the spice of life.
I see Linux distros popping up all over the place.
I am using Fedora now and although not 100 percent pleased, I find it
has taken over from RH 9.0 quite well and by using apt/yum it is quite a
powerful option.

Debian is still to much for hackers but that is slowly changing.

So if you are used to RH I would say try Fedora, you will be comfortable
and it is certainly more bleeding edge than RH was.
Aaron