"Shachar Shemesh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[snip]
> The questions:
> a. Does anyone have a recommended benchmarking tool? I found this page
> (http://lbs.sourceforge.net/), but I'd really rather not start messing
> around with each and every one of those until I find the one I like. If
> anyone here has prior experience, I'd love it if you could share.
[snip]

Look at C/C++ Program Perfometer (Tool for measuring comparative performance of the
C/C++ code).
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=bm9216%24jvo98%241%40ID-79865.news.uni-berlin.de

Perhaps it is not exactly what you are looking for, but maybe it might help you.

   Alex Vinokur
     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]