Shachar Shemesh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> a. Does anyone have a recommended benchmarking tool? I found this page
> (http://lbs.sourceforge.net/), but I'd really rather not start messing
> around with each and every one of those until I find the one I
> like. If anyone here has prior experience, I'd love it if you could
> share.

Red Hat point to this URL from their docs:

http://people.redhat.com/alikins/system_tuning.html

(among others) Maybe something there will prove useful for monitoring
/ tuning.

My own experience with RH9 is very recent, and mostly on a workstation
(laptop). X and whatever is related seems *very* slow compared to 7.3.
In particular, X it is really slow to start. Others have complained
about similar performance problems as well. The problems your client
report seem to be unrelated to graphics, and occur on servers. If too
many different things look slow, can it be taken as a sign that the
problem lies in the kernel?

--
Oleg Goldshmidt | [EMAIL PROTECTED]