Baruch Birnbaum wrote:

Henry Ficher wrote:

Baruch Birnbaum wrote:

Hi linux-il,

What is the best server side solution for spam control? A short search in freshmeat got me the following list:
1. ASSP - Anti-Spam SMTP Proxy (http://assp.sourceforge.net)
2. DSPAM (http://www.nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam/)
3. SpamAssassin (http://www.spamassassin.org)

Do you have experience with any of them as a server side spam control software?
Is there anything else?

TIA
baruch

I recommend MessageWall: http://messagewall.org

I installed in in a government ministry with very high spam volume and it proved to be highly effective and relatively easy to set up and configure.

Cheers,

Henry

According to messagewall.org the last stable version was released over a year ago. Is the MessageWall package actively maitaned?

baruch

From the site:

"MessageWall is currently actively working on the development series, although bug fixes are still made to the stable series."

Why has it taken them so long to release new versions, I don't know. The timestamps in the package files suggest they haven't introduced bug fixes since then either. But their mailing lists are still active.

Henry