On Wednesday 31 December 2003 20:57, Gil Freund wrote:
> This is interesting. I use SpamAssassin via amavis on a few systems that
> use Cyrus as MDA, but haven't figured out a reasonable way to set
> bayesian filtering on such a mail store.
> Could you elaborate on how you set up cyrus and bogofilter. The same
> setup should also be usable (I guess) for SpamAssassin bayesian filtering.

Lets ignore the problem of teaching bogofilter for a second here.
I wrote a simply script (attached) that runs bogofilter and then resends the
output through the system's sendmail.

The attached script does other things - it changes the subject of the message
to reflect the SPAM level of the message as OE and other dumb email clients
can't filter on arbitary headers, and it also rejects SPAM emails and store
them in an mbox for later.

I then installed that script as the content_filter for postfix, which was very
simple to do. you might also want to check bogofilter's homepage for other
success stories.

--
Oded