Another suggestion:

Given that the bank charges are lower for transactions made via their Web
site than when they involve a warm and breathing teller, it may be a good
idea to petition the banks and the regulator of the banks for lower
charges for people who cannot access the bank's Web site and go instead to
speak with a living teller (to make them equal to the charges to people
who use the Web site).

For me, inability to access the bank's Web site is due to my lack of time
to follow all security patches and practices needed to continue to safely
use IE.

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Alon Altman wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Alex Gontmakher wrote:
> > I have tried to contact the bank technical support on this issue, and
> > got a response stating that "Since the Internet Explorer is the mostly
> > used browser, we don't support any others. In the future thebank will
> > discuss working with additional browsers".
>
> I got the same reply (in writing) from the bank. I'm still considering
> moving my account to Bank Ha'Poalim.
>
> > Have any of you tried to access that site, or would you like to do it?
> > It's very convenient, and it's a shame to have a Windows installation
> > around just for this (and yes, yes, I know about Wine... not working
> > very well for me unfortunately).
>
> The site worked OK for me with CrossOver office. I also wrote a script
> that worked with the site, but stopped working after they changed something.
>
> > What we can do is collect some amount of signatures and contact the bank
> > again, showing that the interest in the site is not from several people
> > only. And then, we can probably write to something like "Captain
> > Internet" of Haaretz for more exposure.
>
> I'm all for this.
                                             --- Omer
I may be affiliated in any way.