Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 11:03:19AM +0200, Avrahami David wrote:
> > Hi ,
> > During RPM installation I need to get some parameters from user.
> > I tried to add "read" command in SPEC file ( in %post tag ),
> > but during installation program doesn't wait for user input.
> > What should I do in order to transfer parameters during RPM installation
> > ? Please help.
>
> In rpm you should generally avoind any terminal input in the pre and
> post scripts. This prevents automation.
>
> Why exactly do you need user input?

There are many Debian packages that require user input, so the option to ask
the user questions is useful and you can see how useful it is if you're a
Debian user/developer. However, all packages that require user input can be
forced to use the defaults by applying some flags to apt.
I don't know if such option exist in RPMs but i think it should.

Shlomil.