On Tuesday 03 February 2004 11:03, Avrahami David wrote:

> Hi ,
> During RPM installation I need to get some parameters from user.
> I tried to add "read" command in SPEC file ( in %post tag ),
> but during installation program doesn't wait for user input.
> What should I do in order to transfer parameters during RPM installation ?

Interaction with user is not acceptable to RPM by design - it must
support unattended installs/updates. You have to work around
it. Things that come to mind:

* use a wrapper interface such as up2date

* run the interactive part on first invocation of the program

* something else, depending on what you are trying to do

Hope it helps,

--
Oleg Goldshmidt | [EMAIL PROTECTED]