Ehud Karni wrote:

Compile it with Cygwin on Windoze and you are done (you may have to

use different #include, but that's all).

Notes.

1. You'll have to add the cygwin1.dll to your program distribution.

Can I use the "-static" gcc flag to contain cygwin1.dll inside the single exe I want to provide?
(it's not quite clear from "man gcc").

2. If you give it to "public" users, it must be GPLed (you'll have
to supply sources both for your program and the cygwin1.dll).

That's not a problem. It's just a test and I plan to provide the sources anyway
so testers can see for themself if there are any back doors or other problems with it.

(If the test goes well, I plan a larger GPL'ed project based on the results).

Nit-picking: remember to use `htonl/s' and `ntohl/s' if you want
your program to be portable to big endian processors.

I already do. I can't imagine myself writing network code with them :)

Thanks for the pointer. So far this seems the easiest way to get what I want
(if I manage to create a single stand-alone executable).

Cheers,

--Amos