On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 10:53:47PM +0300, Yedidyah Bar-David wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 10:21:05PM +0300, Ira Abramov wrote:
> > Quoting Dan Kenigsberg, from the post of Mon, 21 Jun:
> > > Here, on my FC1, it cries:
> > >
> > > skype: relocation error: skype: undefined symbol: _ZN7QActionC1EP7QObjectPKc
> > >
> > > and returns 127.
> > >
> > > Any idea why?
> >
> > I'd say "search in the source" but I'm guessing you can't get much
> > further than strace with hard-linked proprietary software, plus the
> > symbol name looks like the code has been obfuscated before compilation.
> > BAHHH.
>
> I am well aware of the good of FOSS, but I also try to blame entities
> only about things they are guilty of.
> _ZN7QActionC1EP7QObjectPKc does not look to me like obfuscation, but
> like C++ mangling. do 'nm -D' on your favourite dynamically-linked C++
> binary, and see a lot of such symbols. Do 'nm -D -C' on it (even on this
> skype thing), and you'll actually see much more info than on a C
> binary.

The only relevant thing I can see is ;-)
U QAction::QAction(QObject*, char const*)

It looks to me like a missing dll or a wrong version of the dll. Try
running ldd /usr/bin/skype and make sure you have all the needed dlls
and check the versions of the needed QT ones (or also try the static
version).

The relevant library seems to be
        libqt-mt.so.3 => /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3 (0x40023000)

And running nm -D -C on that shows several things that can be relevant

003b5990 W QAction* qt_cast<QAction*>(QObject const*)
003afcc0 T QAction::QAction(QObject*, char const*)

Again, my guess is a wrong QT library version of a problem with the
QT library.