On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 02:10:32PM +0300, Amichai Rotman wrote:
> Hello, fellow Penguins,
>
> It seems there's a Skype Beta for Linux.
>
> I used the RPM version, and it is my understanding the source isn't included.
>
> Would you think it is safe to use?
>
> Thanks,

It would probably be as safe as the windows versions. There is
supposedly no spyware in there but there is no way tell (actually you
could try listening in but I doubt you would recognize bad traffic from
good one).

I guess the bottom answer is on how you feel about closed source
software, its probably the same as any other.