Ilya Konstantinov wrote:

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 10:51:43PM +0300, Shachar Shemesh wrote:

Why not just run it through strace and find out?

A curious thing -- trying to run 'strace ./skype' works, while trying to attach to a running Skype fails ("Permission denied"). I assume it's an strace bug, though; not an antidebugging technique.

As to sneaking in, the Skype executable is encrypted, so whoever
plans to disassemble it for interop reasons will have to overcome this
little obstacle as well. Looks like those guys really hate us "freedom
people"...

I run it under strace with no problems (the tabball image). It did not try to do something funky here. Does anyone want me to publish the output...?