Is there a case study where an "API" (please note the use of " ")
from a non-GPL to GPL was successfully defended?
not particularly in court but also in a public knowledge
settlement out of court.
What is the closest one ("API") to the code?
using sockets? some kind of pipes? files? etc...

Regards,
        tzahi.