About a month ago - in a thread about linked-in
(http://www.linkedin.com) -
http://mirror.hamakor.org.il/archives/linux-il/11-2004/12692.html
I asked if there was any objections to the
creation of a linux-il linked-in group to serve the purpose of
creating a virtual business oriented community within linkedin.
Linkedin has been used and is being used by several community members
as a communication and networking tool.( Gabor I got you're invite to
the group but since I've found the holy snake (python) I don't do perl
:) ).
Anyway after hearing no objections I contacted linked in started the
proccess to register there.
There is a license agreement here which whomever is interested can overview...
I'm mirroring this onwards because I want to perform that wedding cermenony of..
"Whoever is against this please comment now!"

here it is...
http://download.linkedin.com/corporate/product/groups/group_services_agreement.pdf

The only thing I see as an issue is the next clause...

REQUIRED LAUNCH AND MANAGEMENT ACTIVITIES

This section describes the activities we expect your group to perform
in exchange for the free service offered. They are designed to get
higher adoption rates and better service quality for your group
members. Some of these activities are mandatory others are optional.

   * Comply with LinkedIn's Trademark Usage Guidelines (attached as Appendix A)
   * Send at least 3 email invitations to each of Your Group Members
within a period of 60 days from the Set Up Completion Date (You'll be
notified by LinkedIn).
   * Display (i) the LinkedIn logo, (ii) a short description about
Your Group Service Launch and (iii) information about how to join Your
Group Service on Your Group's website from the date of the release of
Your Group Service to You by LinkedIn and until at least 6 months from
that date, if You have a website.
   * Display the LinkedIn Logo on Your Site in the "Events" or
"Partners" or similar section of Your Site, including brief text
description and link, for the duration of this agreement, if there is
such a website in existence.
   * If feasible include the static invitation link to Your Group
Service in the footer of all letters sent (if You send out regular
newsletters to Your members). The link can be in text only or html gif
button format.
   * Regularly but not less that every two weeks check in your Groups
administration tool for "requests for group memberships" and either
contact, approve or decline the pending requests.

The issues themselfs are the ones concerning change in the web site
(adding all kinds of trinkets...)
Gabor - have you addressed these issues because from a quick review of
perl.org.il I haven't seen any changes ...

I believe this is a usefull business tool - I apologize for the
bandwith and attention I've taken if anyone thinks otherwise.

respectfully
Lior