On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 02:41:57 +0200, Vasiliev Michael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 December 2004 22:20, guy keren wrote:
> > On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Lior Kesos wrote:
> > > Anyway after hearing no objections I contacted linked in started the
> > > proccess to register there.
> > > There is a license agreement here which whomever is interested can
> > > overview... I'm mirroring this onwards because I want to perform that
> > > wedding cermenony of.. "Whoever is against this please comment now!"
>
> "The wedding ceremony" and contract is not really a substitute of polling the
> list and deciding whether to start the whole thing. Don't forget that you are
> trying to marry Linkedin on one hand, and about a hundred list subscribers,
> not including the future ones, on the other. Somebody (Lior?) are
> representing the group and decides alone who goes to the list's Linkedin
> community and who's not. How is that connected to free subscription to the
> Linux-IL?

I asked several twice before starting (and linked that post as well in
the initial mail of this page) if anybody objects.

> So there must be a section with information on how to join our Linkedin
> Community... right? Isn't that one of the things we are starting that
> discussion for?

Yeah I think it should be from a seperate link in the very bottom of
the about page or deeper if anybody has an idea.

> So we shall make a "Partners" one, just for LinkedIn for now. Not really a big
> deal.

I disagree I think that is a big deal IGLUl is a group of people
interested enough in linux and opensource to exchange ideas recepies
and try to help each other in our joined intrest.
IGLO is not a homogenic group that can decide if to be partners with anyone.
All I'm suggesting is let's exchange business contacts as well as
ideas and let's emphasize the fact that we are group members in the
_existing_ linkedin member's profiles.
I see myself as a IGLU member and this is something I'd like to add to
my profile hinting on my (minimal) open source activities and trying
to communicate a better picture of who I am.

> > >  * If feasible include the static invitation link to Your Group
> > > Service in the footer of all letters sent (if You send out regular
> > > newsletters to Your members). The link can be in text only or html gif
> > > button format.
> >
> > we'll just claim this is not feasible, i presume.
>
> Not nesessarily. Say, one line on the list footer. I can live with that.
I can't, Why should we? - this is all beurocratic stuff that if could
be avoided must be - in my opinion.

> > (the above appears at sectoin 1 of their agreement that you (who is you?
> > you personally? the entire group) must "i agree" to.
>
> "You" is the legal representative of Linux-IL, the group administrator that is
> authorised to enter the agreement with LinkedIn on behalf of all Linux-IL
> members. Elections?

I can disqualify myself from the start - all I want is to me a member
of a group like this I don't mind managing it but I'm ready to let
anybody else lift the glove.

> --
> Sincerely Yours,
> Vasiliev Michael