Hi Rafi,

No need to defend. This is on-topic as it can be.

On Sat, Dec 25, 2004 at 10:02:29PM +0200, Rafi Cohen wrote:
> Hello, I'm a software engineer and have some years of experience developping
> in the Unix/Linux environment, both as an employee and a freelancer.
> Since I always had a computer from the company with Linux already installed,
> I did not bother installing a Linux system on my home computer.
> Now, I want to install one, but there is a limitation for which I need your
> help.
> I'm a blind person and I'm using a braile display to interact with the
> computers. I can install the driver for the display after installing the
> system but I have no output during installation process and so I need a
> sighted assistance to do this.
> I live in Kfar Vradim and I'll most appreciate if someone will be ready to
> come over here and help me with this installation. I suggest to write to me
> offlist and we may fix an appropriate time.

I hope someone living close to you will help with this. If you get no
such offer in, say, a week, I suggest you write again, and maybe people
living further would decide to help.

However, if you are interested, you might consider installing Debian -
while I never read specific docs, I did see they specifically mention
support for braile terminals *during installation*.

I also just checked, and saw that knoppix also supports them - boot it
with 'knoppix blind' to try. It has a file called
'knoppix-cheatcodes.txt' with all the options you can pass at boot.

> A second issue relating to this is that currently I'm searching for a new
> job.
> If somebody thinks that he may help me with this issue, please again write
> to me offlist and I'll give you the details of my experience and background.
> I take the opportunity to say that during just a week of membership in this
> mailing list, I'm enjoying the most proffessinal discussions and subjects
> and hope to contribute in the future when I''ll think my knowledge covers
> the scope of any specific discussion.

Welcome aboard :-) (do mailers/braile terminals easily show such
smilies? You bet I never thought how is it to read such things on
one).
--
Didi