Aharon Schkolnik wrote:

Hi.

I am trying to install Fedora Core 3 on an IBM xSeries 306 machine with two
SCSI disks set up as a mirror set. The SCSI controller is AIC 7901, and the
IBM RAID is called ServeRaid (I think).

Which ServeRaid is that? I think I may have had a similar problem in the past.

When I boot the Fedora installation CD, it does not find and disks. I have
tried very hard to find a driver which I can supply during installation time,
but have not been successful.

When I boot from a RedHat 9 Enterprise 3 Update 4 installation CD, it DOES
recognize the disk. lsmod shows modules named md, raid0, raid1, and raid5.

If it's the same problem I've had, then the only driver for the hardware raid is a binary one, no open source drivers. I ended up upgrading my hardware raid to ServeRaid-7k (it memory serves me right), which has open source drivers.

If it's indeed ServeRaid-2e (again, I'm not sure about the numbers), then you will only be able to get non-hardware raided drives. You can just load the BIOS setting, disable the raid option, and then work with the controller using the standard AIC driver.

Any ideas ?

TIA !

         Shachar

--