On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 10:56:55PM +0300, Shlomo Solomon wrote:
> On Monday 04 July 2005 21:46, Yedidyah Bar-David wrote:
> > USB Palms use either /dev/ttyUSB0 or /dev/ttyUSB1, depending on model.
> > Use e.g. something like 'dlpsh -p /dev/ttyUSB0' (from pilot-link) to
> > find out which one, and make /dev/pilot a link to it.
> I tried the dlpsh command (even though neither of these devices exist), but
> as
> I expected there was no result.

OK. For a start, try to create it manually.
# mknod /dev/ttyUSB0 c 188 0
# mknod /dev/ttyUSB1 c 188 1

If it works, you might try playing with udev etc. if you want.

If not, maybe you need to manually load the module - I don't know if
hotplug does that automatically (and you did not say if you use hotplug
but I guess you do).
# modprobe visor

Ohhh, one more thing - maybe that's the problem: The device is connected
only when you do hotsync (with the cradle or the hotsync app). Try to
press it and then check stuff (if you have a device etc.). Otherwise it
does not appear to be connected (e.g. you won't see it in lsusb).
--
Didi