On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 07:04 +0300, guy keren wrote:
> 1. this shop doesn't seem to perform international shipments. and i heard
>    that mustop's delivery prices are rather hefty...

Can be overcome. If this is the last objection, tell me.

> 2. there's no mention on their site regarding a power supply (which must
>    come external).

Indeed it does.

> 3. i'll need to find a way to install linux on this system - perhaps
>    via a USB-based external CDROM.

I usually do a trans-install in such cases.

> i'll have to check linux compatibility and shipment issues, and then
> choose between this ebox-3850PS and the nimble-v5, most likely. according
> to the FAQ, the most modern distributions will pause a little challenge to
> install on non-Nehemia VIA CPUs.. what's the deal with these biblical
> names, anyway (Nehemia, Ezra, Esther, Eden...)?

Some people like the good book ;-). Others use it to obtain a semantic
series for a set of similar products.

No problem installing and running linux on an Epia 5000 (which I have).

Go play, boyo!