And here we come full circle to my original question :)

Then it's not the GPL. it's the text of the GPL with an exception that
violates one of the four basic freedoms, and thus kicks it out of the
definition of a free software product, am I right?

For instance, a qlient of mine is using for its product a mainly
MozillaPL-like license with one item (which does not interact with the
MySQL at all) under a completely proprietery license. Are you saying
it's illegal to include MySQL in such a product?

what if the product downloads and installs a Fedora-core RPM during its
own installation?