Ariel Bar-David wrote:

> >From my experience with those CSS stuff, it can cause a situation in
> which the text on the transparent image cannot be selected, and links
> on the transparent image don't work. To solve that problem, if you're
> making a transparent background that contains only one color, and that
> repeats itself, you must make the background tile height not more than
> 1 pixel.

oh actually, I think that might have been the problem that the second
bit of code I provided fixed.  I remember having this problem and I
remember getting the buttons working without needing to resize the pic.
you can see the site which used all this stuff at
http://www.habonimcampsite.co.za/ - all buttons work great :)  took me a
while though, was a very frustrating experience.
> I also think that this CSS code won't apply to FF (as
> far as I recall), and so you'll might have to check which browser is
> used by the client, and if it's FF, you'll only need to load the image
> (without any extra code).

That's exactly it, only IE will use stuff marked like _this in the CSS
code... so you don't have to have to do any checks for which browser is
being used.

Gadi