On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 8:13 PM, Hetz Ben Hamo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you want to read my review about EEE you can read it here [3]. I
> personally think that every sysadmin who respect himself should get
> one of these mini-laptops. The damn thing is 920 GRAMS including

I saw three of these in a meeting last night and although they are very
attractive in most things (especially the ability to run Linux on them), the
owners kept mentioning the problem of the narrow screen - that it makes
viewing text and web pages a bit awkward because you have to keep scrolling
side-wise. Also when I played with one for a while its touch pad was a bit
jerky.

Also you can't flatten the screen open (it opens up to about 135 or so
degrees) and at maximum opening they have tendency to tip over (the screen
is a bit heavier than the keyboard).

The other machine mentioned on this thread (forgot its name) which comes
also with a small hard drive, might be a little more attractive for some
users.

These were the 7" screens with Xendros on them (at least one had Ubuntu
installed on it, but I just looked at it, didn't play with it), maybe the
promised 10" will be better in that regard.

So they are exciting, and coming from a mainstream vendor will hopefully
cause a big splash about the usability of Linux on the desktop, but...
"buyer beware".

--Amos