I recently upgraded my Ubuntu system from 6.10 to 8.04. Before the upgrade I was able to log in to X windows both locally and from my Windows box using Cygwin. Now I am able to log in locally but the system doesn't seem to be answering to X windows queries (either broadcast or -query hostname). Any pointers on how I can debug this?

On a separate issue. I have dosemu installed and on the Windows box I installed a font called vgah. To use dosemu locally on the machine (until I can get the XDCMP problem solved) I need to install this font on the Ubuntu machine. Anyone have clear pointers on how to install this font on Ubuntu? Will installing this font also make it available to someone who ssh's into the machine?

Thanks,

--
David Suna
[EMAIL PROTECTED]