Hi David,

Allow me to take a guess: in the upgrade process, your XDMCP settings
have been removed and/or replaced with a default configuration.

Please modify the file /etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess and restart your X. The
instructions should be there and should be pretty simple.

Thanks,
Hetz

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 4:46 PM, David Suna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I recently upgraded my Ubuntu system from 6.10 to 8.04.  Before the upgrade
> I was able to log in to X windows both locally and from my Windows box using
> Cygwin.  Now I am able to log in locally but the system doesn't seem to be
> answering to X windows queries (either broadcast or -query hostname).  Any
> pointers on how I can debug this?
>
> On a separate issue.  I have dosemu installed and on the Windows box I
> installed a font called vgah.  To use dosemu locally on the machine (until I
> can get the XDCMP problem solved) I need to install this font on the Ubuntu
> machine.  Anyone have clear pointers on how to install this font on Ubuntu?
>  Will installing this font also make it available to someone who ssh's into
> the machine?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> David Suna
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Skepticism is the lazy person's default position.
my blog (hebrew): http://benhamo.org