On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 7:04 AM, Hetz Ben Hamo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You still need to change Xaccess.
>
> You'll see a line like this:
> #*    # any host can get a login window
>
> Remove the first # so it should look like this:
> *    # any host can get a login window
>
> (if you care about security, replace the * with your "destination"
> machine's IP).
>
> GDM "enable=true" is only for GDM configuration, and it inherits the
> XDMCP configuration from the xdm/Xaccess.

While you are welcome to mess up with text config files, I remember
seeing a switch for this in one of the System Config interfaces (no
Ubuntu here to look it up for you).

I'm not sure but might be worth a check that gconfig wouldn't override
what you edit manually in the config files.

In any case, you should be able to check by doing "netstat -ltp" and
looking for port 177 (for XDMCP) or port 6000 (for X server).

--Amos