Ori Idan wrote:

‎‎‎There is a lot of activity done by "Negishut Israel" regarding this fact.
A news paper article was published few month ago about it.

I think that people should complain about it, if they get main complains about the fact they do not conform to web standards, they will eventually change. When you write a mail about it, please cc me at: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Later on when I approach them I can refer to these mails.
If I approach them regarding web standards, after they got complaints from as many people as possible, this may help me convince them.

As for banks, I know that most banks are working on it. Currently the only banks I know that support standards are Poalim and First International Bank. "Hayashir Harishon" (subsidiary of Leumi) said in a telphone conversation that they are aware of it and are working on it. in 2-3 month they plan to have a new site that will conform to standards. The fact that they said something about time frame, I think, means they are really doing it.
Actually, the current (recently revamped) Leumi site supports Firefox - I have no problem using it on Debian's IceWeasel 3.0.1.

--
Ori Idan
Manager W3C Israel office