On Sat, Oct 04, 2008 at 01:30:42PM +0300, Noam Meltzer wrote:
> 2- You want *real* control over every parameter in your router and the black
> box supplied by ECI does not provide that.

I'd use this thread to raise another issue (although it might have been
nicer to start a new thread). This ECI 312+ is rather old - it's not
sold (or given) anymore, as far as I know. But it runs Linux inside, and
theoretically can do whatever you want - but as far as I could find out,
ECI does not help you in any way - does not provide sources for their
firmware, etc. Perhaps if enough people are interested (or at least
determined ones), we can make them open up the device and have it as a
nice young brother to the WRT54G (with only 2MB flash/8MB RAM). Would
anyone be interested?
--
Didi