>From the discussion below, I understand that Shachar and me use the same
definition of "visual selection".  You drag the mouse from column X to
column Y in the same row of the display, and get whatever text which
happens to be displayed between those columns (the text could have been
from different spans of the corresponding original text - "logical
text").

Jonathan, can you clarify if you mean the same thing, or whether you
really meant "temporarily turn off BiDi ordering for a selected text
segment and display it"?

                                   --- Omer

--
One cannot argue with a Bayesian filter.       Peter Lorand Peres

I may be affiliated in any way.