On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 16:24 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> 2008/12/10 Amos Shapira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Looks like maybe someone along the chain to Dotan has mixed up
> > American date format (MM/DD/YYYY) with the sane format (DD/MM/YYYY).
> >

> I hate that format! Tbird and OOo _insist_ on using that format and it
> steers me wrong every time! Do American watches use a HH:SS:MM
> format?!? I have never heard of a middle-endian format being used in
> any other context!

Probably remnant from the days dates were written like this:
December 10, 1776.

Clueless office clerks and/or EDP managers then got this converted into
MM-DD-YY.

The Japanese system of YYYY-MM-DD is the best one.  I personally use a
modified variety (YYYY-MMM-DD which is not ambiguous) whenever I am free
to set the date format.
                                       --- Omer

--
Philip Machanick: "caution: if you write code like this, immediately
after you are fired the person assigned to maintaining your code after

I may be affiliated in any way.