On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 04:24:51PM +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:

I hate that format! Tbird and OOo _insist_ on using that format and it
steers me wrong every time! Do American watches use a HH:SS:MM
format?!? I have never heard of a middle-endian format being used in
any other context!

It's a left over from manual filing. In the days it was "invented", business kept records by month. So the month was more important than
the day.  Note the date on the top line which came from YOUR email.

Since we are being off topic, you should see people's faces when they
see my analog 24 hour wrist watch. :-)

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel [EMAIL PROTECTED]  N3OWJ/4X1GM